Updated and Effective October 14, 2013
General Privacy Practices
Our registration, ordering and comment forms request that users provide contact information such as name, company name, address, phone number and e-mail. Some of the requested information is required, some is optional. Kantar Media SRDS may contact users via any of the contact information they provide. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We may share your personally identifiable information with other companies who are in the same corporate family as Kantar Media N.A., provided that they observe privacy practices that are similar to those observed by Kantar Media SRDS. Kantar Media N.A. corporate site may be visited here: www.kantarmediana.com.
When you contact Kantar Media SRDS, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might face or in connection with responding to your inquiry.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers, subscribers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
If You Use or Subscribe to Kantar Media SRDS Services
We collect information in two ways:
- Information you give us. For example, many of our services require you to sign up for an individual or company SRDS account. When you do, we'll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, job function, job title, mailing address, telephone number or credit card.
- Information we get from your use of Kantar Media SRDS online. We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them. This information includes but is not limited to:
- Details collected automatically from the site, including the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilized by the users in order to gather broad information about which companies/subscribers visit SRDS.com, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in reply, the numerical code indicating the status of the server's answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of provenance, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the visitor, the various time details per visit (for instance the time spent on each page) and the details about the path followed within the site with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, actions taken, and other parameters about the operating system.
How we use it:
- Kantar Media SRDS gathers information about subscriber online usage to help us continually improve our services and the media planning and buying experience.
- Kantar Media SRDS provides current and prospective advertisers with aggregate reports of usage of SRDS databases, categories or markets, and samplings of companies that subscribe to and use SRDS databases, categories and markets. These reports will not specifically identify you as an individual.
Kantar Media SRDS uses Personally Identifiable Information collected through this service as follows:
- To contact or reply to users regarding their product orders, inquiries and subscriptions.
- To send users information regarding Kantar Media SRDS products and services.
- To contact users for product feedback and surveys.
- To provide users with additional Kantar Media SRDS or other Kantar Media resources and subscription services, including newsletters, database alerts, product training, and additional information about media properties.
- We will share information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of SRDS if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of SRDS, Kantar Media, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Kantar Media SRDS will retain your information for as long as necessary to complete the purpose of its collection, as stated here or elsewhere.
"Cookies" are small files that may be placed on your computer for the purpose of facilitating and enhancing your interaction with our service. We place cookies on your computer from us and third parties who provide services to us, such as analytics providers that help us manage and analyze service usage. You may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your computer or flush them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences, in which case you may still use our service, but it may interfere with some of its functionality.
As you browse SRDS.com, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partners such as AdRoll, Bizo and others then enable us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with SRDS.com. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address or telephone number. You can visit this page to opt out of our partners' targeted advertising.
This site contains links to other sites. The information contained on other sites is not maintained by Kantar Media SRDS, and Kantar Media SRDS is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such websites. If you have a question about the privacy policies of those websites, please consult their site disclosures and privacy policies.
The security of your information is important to us. We have put in place administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized access to the information we collect. However, no security measures are 100% impenetrable and we cannot guarantee against all potential security breaches. Moreover, the transmission of information over the Internet is not inherently secure, and we are not responsible for the transmission of information over networks that we do not control. Your use of our Site demonstrates your assumption of these risks. Only those personnel who need access to your information in order to perform their duties are authorized to have access to your personally identifiable information.
Your Disclosures in Online Services, Blogs and Social Media
We may provide the ability for you to comment or post content to blogs through the Kantar Media SRDS website and SRDS services. You should be aware that personally identifiable information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, chat room, social media platform or otherwise online, may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your personally identifiable information, and by using such services you assume the risk that the personally identifiable information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
United States of America
Changes to This Policy
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Phone: 800.851.7737
- Fax: 847.268.1180
- Write: SRDS, 5600 N. River Road, Rosemont, IL 60018